The Patient Service Specialist I provides a range of entry level intake and associated services pertaining to admitting patients. The Patient Service Specialist I facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support. In addition, the Patient Service Specialist I performs the following functions:
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing.
- Inputs patient registration information into the computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required.
The ideal Patient Service Specialist I is organized, detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills.
Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White Clinic - Austin
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice River Place Physical Medicine
Shift/Schedule Full Time/Day Shift
Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
High School Diploma / GED Equivalent Required
No experience required
• Post ID: 27545717 austin