Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Networking Software Developer!
As a Networking Software Developer you will perform network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. You will be responsible for the development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. You will also be designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. In this role you will be developing software applications for external customers.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline with 6+ years of work experience, a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- 4 plus years of experience designing/developing networking software components for high performance devices such as routers, gateways, firewalls, or base stations.
- 4 plus years of experience with design/development of advanced communication protocols such as Radio Access Network protocols, TCP, IPv4, IPV6, IPsec, Ethernet, or ATM etc.
- 4 plus years of experience using test generator/analyzers such as TRex, Adtech, Smartbits or IXIA etc
- 4 plus years of experience in creating functional and design specifications.
- 4 plus years of experience with coding in C in an embedded environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Good understanding of modern Intel platform architecture and advancements in CPU microarchitecture, cache and memory, IO and virtualization, DPDK etc.
- Experience in networking workloads and network and system performance optimizations.
- Experience with hardware/software partitioning and network programming models, accelerators and I/O.
- Familiarity with concepts and standards related to SDN and NFV, Open vSwitch, OpenFlow etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies KVM, Xen, Containers.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as svn or git.
- Familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1083754/Networking-Software-Developer/
• Post ID: 28038607 austin